How your mental health professionals in Rego Park, NY, can help your child or teen
Psychiatric services aren’t just for adults. Children and teens can benefit from them too. Mood swings, depression, and anti-social behaviors don’t just happen to adults. They happen to children and teens too.
The good news is, mental health professionals can help your child or teen live a full, happy life. The team of doctors and mental health professionals at Queens Consultation Center in Rego Park, NY, offers a wide range of counseling and psychiatric services.
So, how do you know if your child or teen might need psychiatric services? These are a few things to look for:
- Difficulty achieving good grades in school
- Feelings of anxiety about going to school and participating in social activities
- Experiencing aches and pains frequently
- Having fits of temper or rage
- Exhibiting hyperactive behavior
- Having frequent nightmares
- Thinking about self-harm or suicide
- Abusing drugs or alcohol
- Rebelling against figures of authority
- Stealing or damaging property
If your child or teen is demonstrating any of the issues listed above, a psychiatric evaluation is an excellent way to help your child. A psychiatric evaluation can uncover mental health issues so they can be treated effectively.
Some of the mental health conditions a child or adolescent psychiatrist can treat include:
- Anxiety and fear disorders
- Eating and sleeping disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Clinical depression and manic depression
A child and adolescent psychiatrist can also provide your child with the skills needed to cope with life’s challenges. Major life events like a divorce can impact your child in ways that aren’t always obvious. A child psychiatrist can help draw out the issues so they can be dealt with effectively.
The doctors and mental health professionals of Queens Consultation Center may recommend a combination of treatments, including:
- Medications that can help manage anxiety, depression, and other conditions
- Counseling about coping mechanisms to deal with uncomfortable situations
- Relaxation techniques to help manage stress
To find out more about psychiatric services for your child or adolescent, call the medical professionals of Queens Consultation Center in Rego Park, NY, at (718) 459-1225. Call today!